The sensation of a vertigo attack is often described as feeling as if a person is tilting, spinning, swaying, or being pulled off in one direction. These symptoms can be highly unpredictable – they can come on slowly or suddenly and can last for seconds or up to several hours or longer. Treatment for vertigo often depends on the cause, but many people are finding lasting relief from an unexpected source – upper cervical chiropractic care.
Looking at the Research
Here is a summary of one of the more comprehensive studies concerning vertigo and upper cervical chiropractic care:
- 60 patients with vertigo were studied following a course of upper cervical chiropractic care.
- Of the 60 vertigo patients, 45 could recall experiencing at least one head or neck trauma (i.e. car accident, slip & fall) prior to the onset of their vertigo symptoms.
- Upper cervical subluxations (misalignments) were found in all 60 cases.
- Duration of care ranged between 1 and 6 months.
- 48 of the 60 patients were vertigo-free following care.
- The remaining 12 patients reported an improvement in the severity and/or frequency of their vertigo episodes.
To learn more about the connection between head and neck injuries and vertigo download our complimentary e-book by clicking the image below.
Upper Cervical Care Can Help Vertigo
As evidenced by the above study, there is hope for vertigo sufferers who are looking for a lasting solution. At Advance Upper Cervical Chiropractic, we thoroughly analyze each case individually to get a clear picture of any upper cervical misalignments present. Once we identify the problem, gentle adjustments are given when necessary to restore normal upper cervical alignment. When these vertebrae are normally positioned, the brain and body are able to communicate as they should, which can lead to the resolution of vertigo.
If you are suffering from vertigo, especially if you have any history of head or neck trauma, and you haven’t had your upper cervical alignment checked and corrected, then it could potentially be contributing to the problem. Contact us for a no-obligation consultation to find out more about how we may be able to help.
To schedule a consultation with Advance Upper Cervical Chiropractic
call 925-357-3080 or just click the button below.
if you are outside of the local area you can find an Upper Cervical Doctor near you at www.uppercervicalawareness.com.