Headaches are very common and there are quite a few types. It is important to understand which one you are suffering from in order to get the appropriate help. Let’s take a closer look at 5 different headaches and then find out where to find help no matter which headache you suffer from.
- Sinus headaches: due to sinus inflammation or infection
- Tension headaches: the most common headache that feels as if the head is being squeezed around the temples
- Cluster headaches: thankfully, an extremely rare headache that consists of extreme pain in one eye; women get it more often than men
- Migraines: actually a neurological disorder, headaches are one of its major symptoms; also accompanied by nausea, vomiting, and sensitivity to light and sound
- Rebound headaches: if you are taking too much medication to care for headaches, it can rebound on you and cause medication overuse headaches; this occurs with either over-the-counter or prescription medications
To learn more about the connection between head and neck injuries and migraines download our complimentary e-book by clicking the image below.
Natural Headache Solutions
While medications may help on a temporary basis, here at Advance Upper Cervical Chiropractic we take an alternative approach and care for the underlying cause. This often has to do with a misalignment in the bones of the upper cervical spine. The C1 and C2 vertebrae have the important job of protecting the brainstem. However, if a misalignment has happened due to a trip and fall or a blow to the head or neck, these bones may begin to put undue pressure on the brainstem. This can lead to faulty signals being sent to and from the brain and body. Another possibility is that fluid flow (blood and cerebrospinal fluid) becomes restricted. All of these scenarios can cause headaches of various types.
We use a gentle method designed to encourage the bones to realign themselves without the need to pop or crack the spine. This method has been proven to be effective in helping with headaches, often bringing relief in one or two adjustments.
To schedule a consultation with Advance Upper Cervical Chiropractic
call 925-357-3080 or just click the button below.
if you are outside of the local area you can find an Upper Cervical Doctor near you at www.uppercervicalawareness.com.
And if you are considering moving to the area, we highly recommend these Walnut Creek Realtors.